Everyone’s talking about it, so here are my brief thoughts on the first instalment of Breaking Dawn, for what they’re worth. (And if you haven’t read the book, you might want to stop reading now.)
What I liked:
– The wedding scene (especially the drunken speeches/singing).
– Bella’s pre-vampire suffering is kept to three seconds.
– Kristen Stewart genuinely laughs.
– The brutality of the birth scene (not so much that I liked it, but that I thought the whole scene was handled well – and we finally got a glimpse that the series could have moments of horror).
What I didn’t like:
– The wolf scenes (budget for special effects should not have been an issue).
– Jasper’s hair – and the fact he’s reverted to looking slightly constipated. Where’s the cool guy from Eclipse?
Worst moment: wolf discussion.
Best moment: Jacob’s reaction to the name Renesmee.
Overall, though, it was faithful to the book, and it was entertaining. 🙂
I’d love to hear what everyone else thought.